Fall conference is designed for YOU and your professional development. This fall, the theme is Explore the Opportunities - Creating Connectedness and Collaboration across CTE. This year, bring your middle and high school counselors, career counselors, JWG specialists, and WBL/WSL coordinators to the conference to work together to develop strategies to increase equity and access for every student to career and technical education programs. Conference Flyer!
- CTE Administrative Job Openings:
- Check out Current Job Openings
- Have a CTE coordinator/administrator job to post? Contact the WACTA webmaster: email@example.com
- Congratulations to Teri Pablo! She was named the 2016 Outstanding CTE Director!
- Congratulations to Eleanor Sellers, she was awarded the 2016 CTE VIP award!
- Become a member of WACTA today! To join, go to Washington ACTE's website (www.wa-acte.org)
To provide leadership to enhance and support Career and Technical Education in communities and schools
WACTA Belief Statements
- WACTA's primary interest is to serve Career and Technical Education directors and administrators and we believe that WACTA enables each member to achieve the professional expertise and knowledge to
- Shape visionary, proactive leadership through a supportive networking and mentoring process
- Experience professional growth that continuously improves CTE administrative skills
- Understand why and how to advance CTE in the context of broad educational issues
- Support and advocate for Career and Technical Education
'Career and Technical Education is for EVERY student'
- Fosters a passion for their future
- Opens high-quality opportunities to career, community, and leadership experiences
- Develops an employable, technically skilled workforce
- Offers rigorous, applied learning in a relevant context
In the News:
Congratulations 2016 Phyllis Lawson Scholarship Winners!
Each year, WACTA awards four - five $1,000 scholarships to graduating Washington State high school seniors that distinguish themselves in the field of career and technical education during high school.
This year's winners are:
Nick Ayers, Columbia River HS
Ryan Newman, Evergreen HS- Vancouver
Trevor May, YV Tech
Recent Articles and Videos About CTE in Schools: